Tuesday, February 7, 2012

3 Men and A Taco

First Time Long Time..... I think thats how it goes. Well I'm back for 2012 at least the end of 2011 was lets say I was busy... yeah that sounds about right. So in my post Super Bowl hangover I decided to get back on the horse and do this whole eat at new places and tell you (all 3 of you) about what I thought.

So here it goes...

I'm strolling along in my sweater vest jamming to El Camino by The Black Keys trying not to get run over by cars as I lazily stroll up the side of the Nasher Sculpture Garden ajacent to the DMA. Once back in the area I'm familiar with 2121 Flora, the ephicenter of the downtown food truck revolution, 4 trucks adorn the sidewalk. SSHAM, Gandolfo's(see earlier post), Delizioso?, and 3 Men and A Taco.  With Lonely Boy guiding me through throng of patrons I end up in front of the 3 Men and A Taco truck, with their stripped down menu consisting of 4 items. Taco's: Coconut Chicken and Carolina BBQ Pork. The Queens Best Pies: Sausage Roll and Beef Pie.  Confused how there were tacos and English meat pies on the same menu.... After much deliberation I went with the Carolina BBQ Pork taco, yes just one taco the proprietor assured me, topped with the basic but not often done right pico de gallo. Throw in a bag of original Fritos and the combo will set you back a mear $5. Not a bad deal at all, lets face it the days of me stuffing my face with a cheeseburger fries and a shake for lunch are gone. Yes my metabolism may be higher than most but Im trying to keep this figure in shape for beack season (its cyclical). After my first bite "I SAY GODDAMN!!" rang out of my office to the suprise of the receptionist. The pork seemed like it hald melted off the bone, so tender and juicy it almost seemed other worldly. The tortilla was hand pressed flour similar to the ones you can buy at Central Market. In my inability to not douse everything in sauce I pulled out my stash of hot sauce from the office kitchen, Malco's Magnificent, quite possibly the best salsa I've ever had. Ask me how to get some or visit http://www.malcosmagnificentsalsa.com/, tell Malco I sent you. I would give the whole meal a solid 3.5 out of 5; fast easy and delicious. All said and done the taco and bag of Fritos was the perfect size and price for a twenty something on a "budget" whatever the fuck that means. Go check out http://www.3menandataco.com/ and get some.

Roll With the Pachyderms....

No comments:

Post a Comment